In order not to provoke a pancreatic attack, it is important to remember the factors that negatively affect the condition of the pancreas.
The abundance of fatty foods, alcohol does not in the best way affect the work of the pancreas. But our well-being depends on how functionally stable it is. In order not to provoke a pancreatic attack, it is important to remember the factors that negatively affect the condition of the pancreas. And in case of development of pain syndrome, immediately undergo an examination to diagnose pancreatitis.
Why does the pancreas hurt?
Bad habits – smoking, zloupotrbelenie alcohol, unbalanced diet can lead to the development of pancreatitis – inflammation of the pancreas. Moreover, both women and men suffer from chronic pancreatitis. Recently, the number of cases of pancreatitis has increased in adolescents. Perhaps this is due to the spread of fast food and early smoking. Also, the main prerequisites for the disease, in 90% of patients, are obesity and low physical activity.
Consequences of pancreatitis
– a decrease in the production of digestive enzymes;
– a decrease in the production of insulin, which in 75% of cases causes the development of type II diabetes mellitus.
– Severe pain in the upper abdomen, in the left hypochondrium or girdle. It intensifies after eating, is not stopped by antispasmodics;
– diarrhea, frequent bowel movements (3-5 times a day);
– loss of appetite, dry mouth;
– weight loss;
– syndrome of bacterial overgrowth (rumbling in the abdomen, belching, flatulence);
First aid for pancreatitis
With an exacerbation of the disease, a person should be urgently hospitalized, since the risk of death is quite possible. In the acute period, it is recommended:
1.apply cold to the pancreas area;
2. to provide peace;
3. Do not take pancreatic enzymes, this may worsen the condition.