With the onset of menopause, the female body undergoes major changes. After 50 years, it is important to exclude all factors that are harmful to health. This will help to avoid serious diseases, improve well-being, and eliminate depressed mood.
Lack of attention to health
Women after 50 years of age need to regularly visit a doctor, measure blood pressure. It is important to perform blood tests for glucose, cholesterol, and the presence of cancer cells. Lack of attention to gynecological problems harms women’s health.
During menopause, you need to do a mammogram annually, take a smear.
This will help eliminate serious problems:
- cardiovascular disease, heart attack, stroke;
- cancer of the uterus, breast.
The female body after 50 years undergoes changes that lead to inevitable weight gain. This is due to hormonal disorders, a decrease in energy costs, and the replacement of muscle tissue with fat.
A woman’s health is damaged by poor nutrition.
Tips on how to avoid being overweight after 50:
- Add vitamin B12 to the diet, which contains fish and meat. It supports the health of nerve and blood cells. B12 can be used in tablets and injections.
- Limit your daily salt intake – no more than 0.5 tsp. This will lower your risk of developing hypertension.
- Eat a diet based on the principles of Mediterranean cuisine. It provides a large amount of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, moderate consumption of wine and olive oil.
- Limit foods high in iron. After menopause, the daily requirement of the body decreases to 8 mg. Excess iron causes damage to the liver and heart.
- Calcium and vitamin D deficiencies harm women’s health. These substances reduce the risk of osteoporosis and bone fractures. You need to eat fish, spinach, broccoli, dairy products.
Resignation to the manifestations of menopause
Women in menopause are making a serious mistake. They find it normal to live with menopausal symptoms like hot flashes, vaginal dryness, and urinary problems. There is no need to put up with the difficulties of menopause – it is harmful to health. You should visit a gynecologist who will choose a strategy in dealing with unpleasant symptoms. Taking hormonal medications reduces the signs of menopause in many women.
Sometimes the manifestations of menopause can be dealt with without resorting to hormones.
Refusal of sex
The health of a woman after 50 years depends on several factors, one of which is a full-fledged intimate life. The frequency of sexual intercourse decreases with age, but a statistical survey shows that even at the age of 75-85, people have sex two to three times a month, more than 20% report having sex once a week.
Lack of sex hurts women’s health.
After 50 years, sexual intercourse can be accompanied by unpleasant and even painful sensations. This is due to hormonal changes during menopause that cause vaginal dryness. To avoid this use:
- Kegel exercises.
Life after 50 years for women sometimes loses its meaning. By this age, you no longer need to struggle to create a marriage, a career, or earn money to educate children. Retirement also contributes to a depressive mood.
Positive thinking and a variety of hobbies improve women’s health and well-being. You need to learn to find meaning in everyday life, be it gardening, learning a foreign language, volunteering at an animal shelter, or even starting a new career.
Decreased physical activity
The body of a woman in 50 years requires physical activity. Its decrease leads to the accumulation of adipose tissue, heart disease, depression. Fitness for women over 50 aims to maintain a healthy weight, strengthen bones and build muscle to speed up lagging metabolism.
Cardio exercise will help keep your heart and blood vessels healthy . Practice yoga or Pilates to keep your joints moving .
Rejection of the aging body
With the onset of menopause, a woman’s appearance changes. Many find it difficult to accept flabby skin, wrinkles, excess weight, and fragility of bones causes problems. Aging is an inevitable physiological process that cannot be stopped. But you can choose a lifestyle that will have a positive impact on your health, well-being and appearance.
Walk, swim, do yoga. It will increase metabolism, reduce weight, and strengthen muscles.
Women’s health is damaged by habits that appeared at an early age and remained for a long time. These are smoking, alcohol consumption, lack of physical activity, overeating. To fix the situation, you need to change your lifestyle. Women over 50 need:
- Normalize nutrition to eliminate excess weight.
- Quit smoking. This will reduce the risk of heart attack and stroke by 40% in the first 5 years.
- Increase physical activity to speed up metabolic processes.